There are many types of great cheap candle holders that can display your candles without hurting the wallet.
What is a Candle Holder?
Candle holders are essential to display candles attractively and also to ensure that they burn safely. A good candle holder will ensure that the candle is held firmly or that it is well protected, while also allowing the candlelight to shine effectively. Traditionally, candle holders were purely practical. Today, however, a candle holder can be an attractive room decoration in its own right. Even bargain candles can look wonderful when displayed in an attractive candle holder.
Types of Candle Holders
There are a vast number of different types of candle holders available. Some of the main types of candle holders include:
Tea Light Candle Holders
Tiny tea lights give a soft and subtle glow and are a popular choice of candle. Special tea light candle holders are designed to safely hold the candle while allowing the candlelight to shine. Tea light candle lamps are a great way to provide subtle candlelight both indoors and outside.
Spiked Candle Holders
These are saucer shaped candle holders with a central spike. The spike spears the base of the candle holding it firm and stopping the candle from falling over. This is particularly striking with long tall candles.
Votive candle holders are similar in shape to glass tumblers and are ideal for outdoor as well as indoor use. Many unique votive candle holders can be found and make a stunning display.
A chandelier is the ultimate in candle luxury and a wonderful way to display candles. Chandeliers are also a good way to provide light as they typically burn several candles. This makes them useful for providing atmospheric light for a special dinner party.
These are typically wall candle holders and allow candlelight to be reflected around the room. These can be found in traditional as well as contemporary styles.
A candlestick is probably the most traditional form of candle holder and is what most people think of when they think of the use of candles to light a room. These can be found in various shapes and sizes. Wrought iron candle sticks are particularly attractive and create a wonderful atmosphere in a room.
Hanging Candle Holders
Hanging candle holders can be found in a wide variety of shapes and sizes and can be used outside in trees as well as inside.
Turning Cheap Candle Holders into Something a Little Special
There is nothing quite like the gentle glow of candlelight. With a little creativity, cheap candle holders can look as fantastic as expensive types. Low cost candle holders are often made from basic materials or are a simple design. Give a candle holder the "wow" factor by adding a few extras. This might include:
- Beads: Drape some beads around a cheap chandelier or other types of candle holder. The candlelight will reflect in the beads and give additional interest. Any glass beads will work well. Even an old glass bead necklace will look wonderful and add a touch of glamour.
- Paint: Use a spray or acrylic paint to revamp cheap candle holders. Silver or gold paints, for instance, can make even the most basic candle holder look stunning. This is also a good way to give old candle holders a makeover.
- Flowers: Transform a candle holder with some flowers. Small flower garlands can be used to decorate the base of a candle or perhaps draped around the candle holder. Match these to a flower center piece for a stunning, yet low cost table arrangement.
- Paint: Glass paints can be used to paint bargain glass candle holders. These can create an almost stained glass effect and can look wonderful. Even simple glass jars can be transformed with some glass paint.
Buying Candle Holders Online
Many online stores sell a range of candle holders. Some stores with an interesting range include:
- At eFavorMart, you can find a wide range of votive candle holders.
- 100 Candles sells candles and candle holders.
- Amazon has a large selection of candles and candle holders.