It's just not Halloween until you've added a few black candlesticks to your home décor! Choose among a number of fun and spooky black candlesticks, each of which conveys the message that it's okay to be macabre on this special night. Top them off with special Halloween taper candles for an added touch.
Bat Taper Black Stone Candlestick
Wayfair offers a black bat candlestick made of resin that holds a single taper candle and features two bats. One bat wraps its wings around the base of the candlestick. The second bat appears to be holding up the top of the candle with its wings spread upward.
- Size: 4.75'' W x 4.75'' D x 14'' H
- Price: Around $62 (free shipping)
There are several ways to incorporate this cute bat candlestick in your Halloween decor.
- Purchase two for your dining table or kitchen counter to add a seasonal theme to Halloween meals or entertaining.
- A lone candlestick with a taper candle can grace the punch bowl table, buffet or serving table along with other Halloween decorations.
- Place one or two bat candlesticks side-by-side on a small table by your front door to capture trick or treaters' imaginations.
Sophisticated Black Candlesticks
Target offers a set of three black candlesticks that will take on an almost Gothic feel when used in a spooky setting. These slightly varying designs will also add a touch of dark sophistication to any Halloween celebration.
- Sizes: 11.25 inches, 8.65 inches, and 6.37 inches tall
- Price: Around $25 a set with free shipping to store available
Make a Halloween design statement with these sophisticated candlesticks.
- The finish makes these candlesticks dining table worthy. You can add other black candlesticks of varying designs and different heights for a dramatic centerpiece.
- Create greater interest by using two or more sets in a larger grouping. Add some skulls covered in spider webs around them for added effect.
- Place the set on a fireplace hearth.
Macabre Bird Feet Candlesticks
This set of two black bird feet candlesticks of different heights provides plenty of creepiness for any Halloween party. The design of these glossy finish, aluminum candlesticks from Royal Design have a touch of Gothic flair at the top. However, as your gaze moves down the lengths you quickly realize the bases feature bird feet with long talons.
- Size: Small is just over 8.5 inches high while the large candlestick is approximately 10.25 inches high
- Price: Around $60 for a set of two (shipping fees calculated at checkout)
This novelty set of candlesticks will fit any Halloween décor.
- Add taper candles in different colors or varying designs to each piece, as a way of drawing greater attention to the set.
- Use as a grouping on a dining table, mantel or coffee table for a great conversation piece during Halloween gatherings.
- Instead of adding candles, place them on the floor behind a curtain so only the feet show and then wait for your guests to spot them.
Black Ribbed Candlestick
Everything Kitchens offers a black ribbed candlestick. You can choose between a 16" high or 12" high candlestick.
- Size: 4"W x 4"D x 12" H
- Price: Around $10 (free shipping on orders of $49.99+)
You can add a touch of style to your decor with this elegant black candlestick. It can be used with any Halloween theme/décor.
- Place by the front door on a console table to light the area to welcome guest goblins and monsters.
- Set a pair of candlesticks on a serving table or anchoring the ends of a mantel.
- Add one candlestick or a pair to your buffet, kitchen counter or other serving area.
Quick DIY Ideas for Black Candlesticks
Of course, you don't have to purchase specialty black candlesticks to light up your Halloween décor. Try one of these quick fixes for a fun Halloween craft project idea.
- Paint existing candlesticks with a high gloss black spray paint for a fast and consistent Halloween transformation.
- Recycling beer and wine bottles by giving them a quick coat of black paint or glass stain is a great way to create candlesticks.
- You can buy a few novelty skulls to stack and glue together. Top with a flat, fireproof, round tray or taper candle holder, glued securely into place. Create a base by painting and gluing a square or round wood base to the bottom skull.
- A single skull candlestick can be made from a resin skull. Paint it black, glue a metal taper candle holder on the top of the skull and it's ready for a candle.
Perfect Decorating Touch for Halloween
Enhance your Halloween style with black candlesticks for your home! From going dark with stacked skulls to opting for a sophisticated look with tall pieces ideal for floor placement, there are plenty of options for creating a true Halloween ambience. You may even want to diversify your Halloween decorations with a few glass candle holders with skulls and other gothic styles.