Knowing how to break a candle spell can be useful if you believe candle magic is being used against you. By understanding how to work your own spells effectively, you can mitigate the effects of cruelly intentioned magic.
How to Break a Candle Spell
There are two principle ways to break a hex or curse that has been cast upon you. The first is simply to remove the magic and stop its effects on you, and the second is to reverse the spell and turn its effects back on the individual who initially cast it.
Warning About Casting a Reversal Spells
If you want to be peaceable in the magic you practice, it is best to just break the spell rather than inflict its effects on the person who cast it against you. Reversal spells can go awry depending on how the initial spell was cast, and they can be trickier to perform. This is especially true if you aren't sure if a curse or hex has been cast upon you.
Different Types of Spell and How to Break Them
There are several ways to break spells. A black candle is used to reverse spells since the negative energy is absorbed by the candle and neutralizes it. In some instances, you can use a white candle or both a black and white candle.
White Candle Spell to Break a Spell You Cast
If you cast a spell that you no longer wish for it to remain or your desires have changed, you can use a white candle to break its power. This spell calls upon the power of crystals or charms for an extra boost.
- Anoint a white candle with rosemary or other purification herbs such as sage, lavender, holly, wintergreen, or chamomile.
- Burn the candle after midnight while chanting a verse to urge removal of your spell, concentrating on the spell ending.
- Give up a possession of yours, such as a charm or crystal, to show that your intentions are good and that you are working the spell only for yourself. The item given up should be placed on your altar and then buried after the spell is completed.
- If necessary, perform the spell for several consecutive nights to concentrate its power.
Black Candle Spell to Remove a Hex or Curse
If you suspect someone has cast a spell on you, this candle spell will break it. Make sure you place yourself in a protective circle before casting this spell.
- Anoint a black candle (most effective against dark magic) with purification herbs or oils.
- Carve the name of the enemy into the candle, or if it is not known, simply carve "My Enemy" into the candle. You can also carve "Purify" or "Shatter" into the candle.
- Place the candle upright in a wooden bowl of pure water; water drawn from a natural source is best, but distilled or bottled water can also be used.
- Burn the candle while concentrating on removing the spell. When the flame reaches the water, it will sputter and go out.
- Bury the candle and the water to return the power of the hex to nature.
Black Taper Candle Spell to Remove a Curse
There are several spells you can use to remove a curse. This one used both a black candle and a white candle when you need extra energy.
- Carve "My Enemy" or "Curse" into a black taper candle.
- Anoint the candle with calming purification herbs or oils.
- Snap the candle cleanly in two, making sure the break occurs within the carved words.
- Use a white candle to melt the black one, adding the purification and protection qualities of the white candle to your spell.
- Allow the melted wax to drip into a bowl of pure water.
- Discard of the melted wax and tainted water by burying it in a private, secluded spot.
Spell Breaker With Candle Magic Spell
If you sense someone has cast a spell on you, it's time to cast a spell breaker candle magic spell. Salt breaks up negative energy. It can also create a circle of protection so negative forces are held at bay. For this spell breaker, you'll need sea salt and a white taper candle.
- Carve the words "Release Me" in the candle.
- Anoint the candle in virgin olive oil mixed with the protection of holy basil essential oil.
- Using the salt, pour a circle onto your altar or tabletop.
- Place the anointed white candle in its holder in the center of the circle of salt.
- Repeat, "I am released from the spell you cast upon me."
- Light the candle and repeat once more, "I am released from the spell you cast upon me."
- Focus on the candle flame and repeat, " I am released from the spell you cast upon me."
- Clap your hands loudly three time.
- Extinguish the candle and pull it lengthwise across the circle toward the north, cutting a path through the salt, so the circle is broken.
- Collect the salt and bury it with the candle in the north area of your yard, open field or by running water, such as a stream or river to complete the healing and transcending of the physical bondage forced upon you to break free of the spell.
Protection Candle Spell to Repel Spells
You may not be aware of someone casting a spell on you, so you can cast a protection candle spell often referred to as a shield spell. This is basically a one-size-fits-all spell that will protect you from anyone who attempts to bend their will over you or any other spell cast against you. The waning moon is the ideal time to cast a spell for something you wish to exit your life. Cast this spell when the moon is waning and just before the new moon.
- Choose a black candle for your spell.
- Anoint your candle with your favorite protection herbs, such as white save and lavender essential oils mixed with extra virgin olive oil.
- Place the candle in its holder and light it.
- Clear your mind of all negative thoughts.
- Slowly repeat the following chant, focusing on how each word feels in your mouth as it rolls off your tongue.
"Cleanse me from all negative energies,
Prevent others from afflicting me,
Purify the energies surrounding me.
Deflect all curses, hexes and spells away from me,
Return them to the Earth,
Protect me evermore from those who wish me harm."
- Close your eyes, and silently envision all the negative energy, evaporating around you.
- Say, "So it be. So it be. So it be!"
- Blow out the candle.
- Break the candle into two pieces and bury them side by side.
- Set a rock on top of the burial spot.
Tips on How to Break a Candle Spell
When you attempt to break a spell, it's important to remember that candle magic is a state of mind. Your thoughts can affect how any other spell influences you.
- If your positive energy is stronger than an enemy's negative energy, their spell will be ineffective against you.
- If casting a hex removal or reversal spells helps you to focus that energy, you can use the spell(s) as a powerful tool for your own peace and tranquility.
- Always bury the candle and any remnants of your spell to ensure the negative energy is banished back to the Earth.
- Place yourself in a protection circle or bubble of white light before beginning the spell.
- Black candles are very effective when used to reverse the energy of other spells.
Importance of Breaking a Candle Spell
An energized candle spell is the best way to break a spell. The candle energy you use to cast your spell will be more powerful than the energy originally used to cast the spell against you when you focus on your intent and clear your mind of all negative thoughts.