Candle burning spells for good luck have been used through the ages as a powerful form of white magic. When casting a white magic candle spell, white does not refer to the color of the candle. It refers to the type of magic. White magic only uses the power of positive energy; there is nothing in the spell to cause harm to anyone. If you're down on your luck and want a chance at a quick boost, burning certain candles and casting spells may help get you back on track.
White Magic Candle Spells
White magic includes good luck spellcasting. Candle burning spells are one of the simplest forms of magic to perform. The practitioner needs only a candle, a few basic essentials and a strong desire for the purpose of the spell. Whether you are performing a healing spell, a love spell or any other type of candle magic, it is essential to maintain a positive outlook and the belief that the desired results will occur and are good for everyone.
Make Your Good Intentions Known
Many people performed their first candle burning ritual as a child when they closed their eyes, made a wish and blew out the candles on their birthday cake. Just as a wide-eyed child makes a birthday wish, practicing white magic candle spells can be as simple as closing your eyes, stating your good intentions and desire then visualizing only positive results coming true. Do no harm to anyone is the ultimate desire and goal of white magic candle spells.
Step 1: Choosing Your Candle for Good Luck Spells
Choosing the best candle for your good luck spell depends on the type of good fortune you desire. Each color candle vibrates to a different frequency, so it is important to choose the correct candle color for your purpose. When you decide on the spell you wish to cast, it's time to select the perfect candle. You want to consider the candle size, since it will require burning the candle until it naturally burns out. More importantly, you need the right candle color for your spell.
Money, Love and Romance
The three most common wishes are for money, love and romance. If you want good luck in money matters or gambling, a green candle should be chosen. Use a pink candle if you wish good luck in love and romance. For a pure loyal love, you may decide to use a pink and white candle or one white candle and one pink candle.
Step 2: Gather Your Supplies
Before you start your spellwork, you want to be sure you have everything you need for a successful spell. This includes all things you need to cast your spell. These include:
- Candle (votive best size, unless conducting seven-day spell)
- Matches or lighter
- Virgin olive oil to dress candle
- Candle holder to prevent wax from running onto furniture
- Athame (ceremonial knife) or plain knife
- Notes with chants (keep away from flame)
Step 3: Dressing and Inscribing Candle for Spell
Dressing the candle for the good luck spell means preparing it with oil as you visualize your desired results. This process infuses your intentions into the candle and aids you in establishing a deeper connection between your desire and your spellwork.
- With virgin olive oil start at the middle of the candle.
- Using your fingers rub the oil outwards to the base of the candle.
- Finish anointing the candle by rubbing the olive oil upwards from the middle of the candle to the top.
- As you are dressing the candle, think about the good luck you desire and visualize the end result.
Inscribing for Candle Potency
Another method used in many good luck spells is inscribing the candle by using your Athame (ceremonial knife), tip of a plain sharp knife or a nail. Carve your desire using a symbol or a single word to represent your wish.
Candle Notching for Seven-Night Spells
If you wish, you can notch the candle. This will imbue more power into your spell, especially a seven-night spell.
- Use the same implements as used for inscribing candles.
- Carve complete circles lightly around the candle dividing it into seven sections.
- You'll burn the candle during the candle spell for seven consecutive nights, one section each night.
- Each time you burn a section of the candle, chant your spell, make your wish and visualize the result.
Step 4: What to Say While the Candle Burns
Burning a candle for good luck isn't enough. Once you've chosen the appropriate candle color, anointed it with oil, and notched or inscribed it with the symbol that represents the type of luck you hope to receive, do one of the following:
Chants for Money Spells
There are several chants you can say for attracting money through your candle spell. Your words can be as simple as saying, "Money, money, money come to me. It is my will so mote it be."
Chants for Good Luck Spells
If your spell is for good luck, you may want to say a mantra or chant during various parts of your spellcasting. For example, before you light the candle you can say:
- "This candle represents the good luck coming my way."
- Once the candle is lit, repeat, "I can see good luck surrounding me."
- As you watch the candle burn, imagine what it will be like when the good luck you desire appears in your life.
- If you're burning the entire candle, chant every time one-third of the candle melts away. You can say, "I will have good luck!"
- When the candle self-extinguishes, imagine the bad luck in your life being extinguished, too.
Different Candle Colors and Good Luck Chants
You can light a different candle color to represent you and your situation. When you light the candle, you need to state the purpose with a chant.
- Light a candle in the color of your choice and say, "This candle represents me."
- Light a black candle and say, "I have had bad luck in the past but it's time for it to stop. This candle represents my bad luck."
- Light a gray one and say, "My life is balanced at this point. Bad luck is no more."
- Light an orange candle and say, "Things will change now. Good luck is coming."
- Again, let the candles burn all the way down as you visualize the good luck you will have from this day forward.
Green Candle Good Luck Spell
With this spell, you don't have to say anything out loud at all (although you can certainly verbalize your wishes if you like). With this candle you'll also need to visualize your goal
- Light a green candle and picture a small balloon that represents your goal and your good luck for achieving that goal.
- As the candle burns, imagine the balloon getting larger and larger until it begins to float. Finally, the balloon is soaring.
- You watch the goal (balloon) and good luck in your mind grow slowly and finally soar because your success won't be instantaneous and burn out quickly, like a balloon that's filled with too much air, too quickly. Instead, the good luck will come to you and you'll achieve gradual and long-lasting success in your goal.
Simple Effective Good Luck Spell
For this spell, you will burn a candle in your color of choice and say, "Bring to me my heart's desire, the luck I need, the dream I dream. Keep from me the harm you see, so I remain safe with the good fortune I seek."
Spells for Specific Bad Luck Situations
There are any number of white magic spells you can use to break bad luck. This includes good luck spells for your job, good luck spells to undo and break the bad luck someone has placed on you and good luck spells to break candle spells.
Align Your Wishes With the Universe
Casting candle burning spells for good luck aligns your wishes with the forces of nature and the universe. Be sure to follow the directions carefully, choosing the appropriate color for your candle and chanting the spell that promises to bring you what you lack. Be aware of any special steps you need to accomplish before your wishes can be granted, like notching the candle, and you'll stand a better chance at getting the results you desire.