Candle healing spells can aid in recovery from illness or surgery. They might also be used to lessen pain from chronic conditions or to alleviate symptoms of a disease.
Healing Properties of Candles
Simply lighting a candle and watching the flickering light can be a soothing and calming activity. People who are involved in witchcraft or beliefs that practice spell-casting may find that a spell done using a candle can help the process.
Healing spells are done with candles, often using different elements that will contribute to their success:
- Candle Color: Certain groups believe each color is associated with different properties. The Celtic Connection has an extensive listing of candle colors and their use.
- Scent: Richly scented candles may have spiritual powers associated with them. Spiritual Platform offers a listing of different scents that could be inhaled to bring about healing, like eucalyptus. Scents that are for general well-being or emotional healing may also be useful.
- Spell: The spell you cast depends upon your personal beliefs regarding spell casting. You may be able to use a spell written by someone else, or it may be necessary for you to write your own. Your level of expertise will also factor into how well the spell works.
Spells for healing that use candles are usually for your own health or someone you love. Similar to doing other candle spells, like for money, if you are doing a spell for someone else, you should get their permission for performing the ritual.
Healing spells are not just for physical ailments. Spells can help create harmony within a family or ease the pain of depression or grief. Animal healing spells are also commonly used.
Aromatherapy Candle Healing
As previously mentioned, scented candles can offer holistic and therapeutic healing through inhaling their oils. If you are uncomfortable with using a candle healing spell, you can use candles that have aromatherapy properties to help heal your ailments.
To find the proper scent, speak with someone who specializes in aromatherapy or who practices holistic/alternative medicine. He should be able to guide you in the right direction. Holistic Online offers a table that lists chemical components, their properties and oils with those chemicals. Use this list to help you find the right scent for your aromatherapy candle.
Give an aromatherapy bath and candle gift basket to someone you love who is suffering from health problems. Include several votive and pillar candles that are infused with a scent you think will alleviate symptoms for the ailing friend. If they are open to the idea, you might write them an original candle healing spell to be used with other items you include in the gift basket.
Examples of Candle Healing Spells
Depending on the system of beliefs you follow, it may be necessary to write your own healing spell to use with a candle. Written spells can come from a variety of sources, including Wiccan, Paganism, occult or otherwise. Be sure the spell you invoke follows your chosen religious beliefs regarding witchcraft and spell casting.
For inspiration, view spells that have been published online:
- Healing Spells from Lady Bridget's Wiccan Ways
- Everything Under the Moon Modern Witch's Healing Spell
- WitchCraft: Healing Spells
- Light Chamber Org. Healing
- Nature Spells.com Spellings for Healing Body & Soul
When you use a spell someone else has written, it is important that you follow their directions explicitly. For example, you should not substitute a candle of another color unless the author has written that it is okay within the spell. You do not want to conjure a spell that has unintended consequences due to a substitution or absence of the proper tools.
Starfire's Circle also has a number of animal healing spells for pets, some of which use candles in the ritual.
A Word of Caution
Though some people may credit a full recovery to using a healing spell performed with candles, it is important that you and your loved ones seek out professional medical advice when dealing with sickness. Spells are not a substitute for proper health care.