If you're searching for a fun and unique craft project, directions for making soy teddy bear candles are just what you need. Even if you're a novice candle maker, these cuddly creations will be hard to resist!
The Appeal of Wax-Dipped Teddy Bears
Soy teddy bear candles, also known as wax-dipped teddy bears, are rapidly becoming one of the most popular craft projects.
Vanilla, baby powder, honeysuckle, rose, and cinnamon toast are just some of the possible scents you can use when following directions for making soy teddy bear candles. The soy wax makes it possible for your creations to give off a subtle, long-lasting scent without the safety hazards you'd associated with other types of candles.
Most directions for making soy teddy bear candles will result in a wax-dipped bear with a shaggy, long-haired primitive look. This makes these cute bears an ideal accessory for country-themed home décor. When surrounded by a vase filled with dried flowers or a selection of your favorite family photos, soy teddy bear candles become part of a beautiful and fragrant display.
Supplies for Soy Teddy Bear Candles
The following supplies are typically needed to make soy teddy bear candles:
- Soy wax
- Fragrance oil or essential oil
- Stuffed plush teddy bear or the animal of your choice
- Wax paper
- Heat resistant rubber gloves
- Double boiler
Soy wax and other candle making supplies can be purchased from a large craft store such as Hobby Lobby or Michaels Crafts. For an inexpensive source of stuffed plush teddy bears, check out the selection at your local dollar store or pick up secondhand bears from a nearby thrift shop.
Directions for Making Soy Teddy Bear Candles
Essentially, the process of making a soy teddy bear candles is similar to other forms of candle making. Wax is melted in the double boiler, then fragrance is added. While wearing the rubber gloves, the crafter uses tongs to dip the bear in the hot wax. A fork is used to restore the bear's fluffy appearance before he is placed on wax paper to dry.
You can find detailed directions for making soy teddy bear candles on the following websites:
Enjoying Your Creation
To get the most enjoyment from your wax-dipped teddy bear, remember the following tips:
- Do not allow children to play with a teddy bear that has been dipped in wax. When you follow the directors for making soy teddy bear candles, your projects will be suitable for decorative purposes only.
- To protect your furniture, don't sit your soy teddy bear candle on any surface that can be damaged by oil or wax.
- Although they are often called candles, your wax-dipped teddy bears should never be lit. The scent will fill your room when the bear is sitting on your shelf.
- If your bear is dusty, clean him with a blow dryer on the cool setting.
- If your bear seems to be losing his scent, refresh him with a blow dryer on the warm setting. With proper care, your bear should maintain his fragrance for two to three months.
Creating a Gift Basket
While wax-dipped teddy bears are certainly fun to keep for yourself, these adorable keepsakes make lovely gifts for friends and family as well. Since they can be customized with the recipient's favorite scent, wax-dipped teddy bears are suitable for anniversaries, birthdays, Valentine's Day, and baby showers.For added impact, present your creations in gift basket filled with one of the following items:
- Scented soap
- Body lotion
- Homemade bath bombs
- Massage oil
- Homemade lip balm
- Homemade bath salt