Halloween taper candles offer a fun way to enhance your Halloween décor. Candles are an essential part of decorating for the spooky holiday, and tapers come in a variety of styles and colors to suit the mood.
Types of Halloween Taper Candles
One of the most popular varieties of taper candles for Halloween are those with characters on them. From witches to ghosts, these candles feature popular Halloween symbols made of wax and affixed or molded to the tapers. You can find these candles in a wide variety of colors and motifs. Always use these candles with a candleholder that will catch the excess wax before it lands on your tabletop.
Carved Taper Candles
Carved candles offer you the opportunity to display themed works of art. Carved Halloween taper candles often feature swirls and curls encasing the taper as part of the overall art design. Showcase these on a buffet or serving table or on a foyer console table beside the candy bowl for trick-or-treaters.
Halloween or Fall Colored Tapers
Taper candles in Halloween or fall colors can be used for both seasonal decorations. Most tapers come in box sets that are a great cost-saving feature. Use candelabra on each end of a fireplace with orange or black candles as part of your Halloween decorations.
Painted candle tapers are a great way to have more choices in taper motifs and Halloween designs. Be sure you have an equally impressive candle holder or candlestick to display these candles. Feature painted tapers on your party serving table or buffet.
Halloween Theme Flameless Taper Candles
Halloween themed flameless candles are a great addition to your Halloween decorations. These battery-operated tapers can be used year after year. Place several in your windows to give a spookier feel just for Halloween.
Halloween Novelty Taper Candles
Novelty candles are always an unexpected treat in Halloween decorations. They often deserve center stage or at the least part of your table or mantel centerpiece.
Buying Options for Halloween Tapers
You can find all kinds of Halloween taper candles. Many of the unique ones are found online. Some of these include:
- Bloody taper candles: These black candles drip fake blood when they're lit. They're priced about $8.
- Black LED candles: Two black flameless taper candles last forever since they run on batteries and cost around $12.
- Frankenstein, ghosts, witch and pumpkin: This group features four sets of two black tapers which are about $30. Each pair features a different Halloween icon, such as Frankenstein, ghosts, a witch and a jack-o'-lantern.
- Spooky spider candles: This set of two black tapers features a large spider in the middle of its web that runs the length of each candle for approximately $12.
- Taper orange dinner candles: If you're looking for something simpler for a Halloween dinner party or formal occasion, or to decorate yourself, these plain orange colored candles will do the trick. A dozen is about $30.
- Orange flamless drip tapers: This pair of orange flameless tapers features black candle drips and curled LED flames. They're around $25.
- Flameless orange spider web candles: Take the spider web candle in a different direction with this pair of orange flameless tapers featuring black webs and several busy black spiders. They cost about $12.
- White bleeding candles: Let the bleeding show up better with this white taper candles that bleeds as it melts for around $40.
Three Ways to Make Your Own Halloween Tapers
It's easy to transform an existing taper candle into a Halloween taper. Here are a few ways to create your own homemade candle accents.
1. Pumpkin Candle Holders
Pick up some of those tiny pumpkins and turn them into candle holders! Simply cut out a hole in the top of the pumpkin to hold the base of the candle. You can then carve or paint the pumpkin if you wish.
2. Paint Halloween Candles
Many craft stores and candle supply outlets carry candle paints. These are safe for use on candles that will be burned and don't pose a safety hazard like regular paints would. For a simple design, paint spiders and spider webs on white taper candles with black candle paint.
3. Add Beads to Taper Candles
Adding beads to finished candles can create a nice effect. For Halloween tapers, try stringing orange and black beads in patterns. You could also use the beads to spell out short words like "Boo!" on the candles. If you can find Halloween themed beads, these would be perfect to decorate candles with.
Where to Use Taper Candles for Halloween
Taper candles can be used in many places to spruce up your Halloween displays. Try some of these ideas:
- Place seasonal tapers in a candelabra and accent with Halloween decorations like artificial cobwebs and spiders. Just be careful to keep décor items away from the burning candles!
- Use Halloween tapers with table centerpiece.
- Set one or more flameless tapers in the windows for a spooky glow.
- If you have a porch with a railing, consider placing flameless tapers along its length.
- Flameless tapers can be placed on every other stair tread.
- Tapers can be used in candle wall sconces for an eerie effect.
- If you end up with stubby taper ends after burning them, use these to light your Halloween carved pumpkins.
Using Halloween Taper Candles With Decorations
Taper candles fit any type of Halloween theme, from extravagant to simple. Use a variety of candles to set the mood and always keep candle safety in mind.