If you're hoping to improve your financial situation, the right candle spell might help. Learn which candles are believed most useful for attracting prosperity, check out a few examples of these spells, and then decide if you want to give one a try.
Colors Used for Money and Prosperity Spells
In the Wiccan religion, candles of different colors are used to enhance a particular spell's effectiveness. Since different factions of Wiccans may follow slightly different traditions, it is important to explore several theories on using colors within spells.
The Magickal Cat has a color reference chart that lists four colors that would be good choices to use in Wiccan candle spells for money and prosperity:
Copper: Business success, passion, money, fertility, career growth
- Gold: Fast luck, financial benefits
- Brown: Attracts money, financial success
- Green: Financial issues, money, prosperity, good fortune
Homemade beeswax candles are recommended for use in spell rituals. Additional oil and magical carvings can be added to the candles to further increase the spell's effectiveness. The authors from Wicca 101 recommend using just one candle per spell and letting it burn out naturally.
The Llewellyn Journal explores Candle Lore and Magic, including Wicca and practical magic. According to this publication, some spells may call for four candles.
Their article states that candles in the following colors may produce vibrations that will help improve your fortune.
- Brown: Helps with money problems (financial crisis)
- Purple: Represents ambition
- Green: Attracts money and prosperity
Examples of Spells Used to Attract Wealth
Some spells are quite basic, while others are more complex. What is really required in any candle spell is that you concentrate on the goal you have in mind, that you visualize your goal as your carry out the ritual, and that you truly believe you can achieve your goal. With that in mind, here are a few examples of money and prosperity spells.
Basic Money Spell
- Select a small, completely virgin candle (never been used) and charge it with the oil of your choice. This imbues the candle with your personal energy.
- On a piece of fresh paper, especially a paper that is the same color as your candle, write down your wish for money, prosperity, good fortune, etc. Really concentrate on your wish as you do so.
- Light your candle, and take some time to visualize your wish coming true.
- Once you have spent some visualizing in as much detail as you can, fold the paper and light it with the candle flame.
- Place the paper in an ashtray or other fire-proof vessel and let it burn completely.
- Allow the candle to continue burning until it goes out naturally on its own.
Wealth and Prosperity Spell
- You'll need two virgin candles, one green and one metallic gold.
- Begin this spell on a Thursday during a waning moon.
- Charge the candles with your personal energy by using your fingers to rub them with money oil.
- Etch the words "money" and "prosperity" into them.
- Light the candles and hold them so your energy mingles with their vibrations.
- Close your eyes, concentrate and fully visualize wealth coming to you.
- Recite this phrase three times: "These candles will bring wealth to me in a way that does no one harm."
- Snuff out the flames.
- Light the candles again for a while each evening until they are completely burned down.
More Spells for Prosperity
Wiccan spells are often written by the person who is practicing the religion themselves. Kept in a journal known as a Book of Shadows, Wiccan witches may choose to share their knowledge on prosperity and money spells with others. They do this with fellow practitioners, through the Internet and in published books.
Finding candle spells online can be more difficult, as many websites may be run by someone who is not practicing the same type of Wicca that you follow. However, you can get started by checking out these free spells located online:
- Wiccan Moonsong - Here you'll find a rather simple candle spell designed to attract prosperity.
- Spell Spot - This site offers a winter prosperity spell.
Books that are published for Wiccan followers can be purchased through mass retailers or through stores that are associated with a particular coven or branch of the practice. Texts that may be of interest to those who practice Wicca might include:
- Crafting Wiccan Traditions by Raven Grimassi
- The Only Wiccan Spell Book You'll Ever Need: For Love, Happiness, and Prosperity by Marian Singer and Trish MacGregor
- Exploring Candle Magick: Candle Spells, Charms, Rituals, and Divinations by Patricia Telesco
Beginners to the Wiccan ways may find a kit useful. Kits include all of the tools you will need to use in a ritual spell and the spell itself. For example, the Money Drawing Spell/Ritual Kit has everything you need and instructions for their proper use.
Positive Energy Is Essential
Make sure you take time to calm yourself and you're in a peaceful state of mind before conduct your prosperity ritual. If you feel agitated or distracted, you won't be able to concentrate and properly visualize the goal you have in mind. Meditate for a while to clear your thoughts from worries and reach a positive frame of mind. This will help you make your candle spell as effective as it can be.