Burning eucalyptus aromatherapy candles can have psychological, physical and even metaphysical benefits. There are a few things you want to know before purchasing one of these candles.
How Eucalyptus Aromatherapy Candles Work
The lighting of an aromatherapy candle will release the essential oil into the air. As long as the candle burns, the essential oil will release. The release of essential oil into the air allows you to inhale the molecules of the oil. These molecules then enter through your respiratory system. From here, the oil molecules are carried into your bloodstream.
Key Benefits of Eucalyptus Candles
Eucalyptus oil molecules have various chemical properties that can elicit a physical reaction while also affecting your psychological state of being through your sense of smell. The benefits afforded by eucalyptus aromatherapy candles are connected to the respiratory system.
- People suffering from colds burn these candles to open up their sinuses.
- Allergy suffers often find relief when burning this type of candle.
- Sinusitis infections are said to be helped by these infused candles.
- Headaches, especially those associated with sinus congestion, can be relieved by eucalyptus candles.
- Sore throats related to sinusitis and colds are often soothed by burning this type of candle.
- Eucalyptus is as a stimulant to the senses. Holistic healers use it for various disorders and diseases.
Impact on Chakras and Energy Work
Energy workers use eucalyptus in aromatherapy treatments to open and heal the chakras. While burning a candle isn't the same as a full aromatherapy treatment, exposure to the scent can be beneficial.
- The sacral chakra (second chakra) located under the navel is the reproductive and creativity center. It is also the center for emotion and movement. If a woman is having difficulty conceiving or experience reproductive issues, eucalyptus is said to unblock this chakra center. Also, if you feel the creative well is dry, this essential oil is said to re-open the creative channels.
- The heart chakra (fourth chakra) expresses itself in respiratory issues. In metaphysical terms, physical illness is the result of trauma, emotional pain and suffering. These are seated in the heart chakra. Eucalyptus can unblock the heart chakra and restore health.
- The throat chakra (fifth chakra) is where the center for self-expression is seated. A sore throat is believed to be the result of suppressing this energy. You can use this candle during meditation to work on opening your throat chakra and restoring communication.
- The third eye or brow chakra (sixth chakra) is located in the center of your forehead and is the of intuition and psychic abilities. This essential oil is often used to assist in opening this chakra for enlightenment, connecting with the higher soul and expanding natural psychic abilities.
Eucalyptus Aromatherapy Candle Blends
Combining eucalyptus with another scent or two can create even more powerful benefits.
Mosquito Repellent Blend
Adding lemon to create a blended candle might prove a good mosquito repellent. According to the National Institutes of Health, researchers in Queensland, Australia added both oils to a chemical mosquito repellent (DEET) for a 2012/2013 study. The ratio of 40% DEET and a 32% blend of eucalyptus and lemon oil provided 100% protection for seven hours.
Eucalyptus, Spearmint and Rosemary Blend
Eucalyptus, spearmint and rosemary are individually stimulating. Collectively, they can have a powerful impact.
- Spearmint: Milder than peppermint, spearmint also helps fight fatigue, migraines, headaches and stress. Spearmint can help combat the headache that often accompanies a sinus infection, cold or other respiratory-relation infection.
- Rosemary: According to a study by Cognitive Drug Research (CDR), rosemary enhances memory. Additionally, rosemary should help counter the brain fog that commonly occurs during head colds and sinusitis
Combining the benefits of spearmint and rosemary with those of eucalyptus (described above) is a recipe for relief.
Beneficial Eucalyptus Candles
Eucalyptus candles offer a wide variety of incredible benefits. Whether you are burning the candle on its own or using it to augment other aromatherapies, you can benefit from burning this type of candle in numerous ways.