Fans of ear candles believe that using them has helped improve their overall health in addition to simply removing excess earwax. If you're interested in trying these candles or looking for new places to purchase them, you can find them at stores both locally and online.
Buying Ear Candles Online
Online shopping makes it easy to purchase products, since you don't have to leave your home or office to pick them up. Ear candles are sold by a wide variety of candle makers, and you can often find them on sale for very reasonable prices. Here are a few online retailers that carry ear candles.
- Amazon - Amazon has a changing selection of ear candles made by various distributors, thanks to their marketplace format. If you find that you like a particular vendor, you can often search for that seller's website to see if the prices might be cheaper by purchasing direct.
- Missouri Scents - Missouri Scents sells scented ear candles, and you can choose from pure beeswax, paraffin, or a soy/beeswax blend. They also offer daily specials.
- Colonial Ear Candles - This site offers only one type of ear candle, which contains beeswax only on the outside, and the inside is pure fabric. They sell candles individually or in bulk at wholesale discounts.
- Bee Pollen Buzz - Bee Pollen Buzz offers a wide range of beeswax products including ear candles. You can purchase a small package of as little as two candles, or order them in larger bulk sizes.
What Stores Sell Ear Candles Locally?
If you'd rather see and feel your ear candles before committing to a purchase, it's best to look for a local retailer. Products like these used to be difficult to find, but since they have become more popular there are many stores that carry them. Be sure to check:
- Health food stores such as Whole Foods
- Holistic or natural healing outlets
- Nutritional shops like GNC
- Local artisans or candle makers
Some massage therapists and other alternative medical professionals also carry ear candles. The benefit of finding these offices is that you can often include ear candling as part of your therapy or massage treatment.
How to Choose Ear Candles
There are a few things you should keep in mind when choosing ear candles, whether you're making your purchase online or in person. This is especially true if this is the first time you'll be buying and using the product.
Ear Candle Ingredients
One of the most important things to know about ear candles is what they are made of. A variety of different waxes can be used to make them, including soy, paraffin, beeswax, or a blend of waxes. The fabric used to line the inside of the candle should be a natural one, such as pure cotton or linen.
If you prefer to use products made from natural ingredients or have an allergy to certain products, it's imperative to know what your ear candles are made from before buying them.
Included Information and Instructions
Ear candles should always come with a set of detailed instructions for use. You'll also want to know how to clean up after ear candling, and what to do if something should go wrong. One other thing to look for is the manufacturer's contact information, in case you have problems or want to order more candles.
Read all of the included instructions very carefully before attempting to use any ear candles.
If you're placing an order for ear candles online, make a note of the shipping charges. Many sellers ship internationally, but the cost for international customers can really add up and take away from the convenience of online ordering. Compare the total price, including shipping, to the cost of purchasing locally - you made decide that it's worth making a quick trip out to pick up your ear candles in person.
Safe Ear Candling
Once you've learned what stores sell ear candles and decided on where to buy them, make sure that you are well informed on their use and possible side effects. Accidents can happen any time candles are used, and this is especially true when the candles are resting inside your ear. If possible, use your new ear candles with a buddy just in case something goes wrong.