People have been using love spells with pictures and candles long before photography was invented. Unrequited love motivates some to seek love through a magic spell, while others desiring a new or old love to enter their lives makes them turn to love spells.
Flowers and Candle Spell for Unrequited Love
Most love spells bind the person to you against his or her will. A picture candle spell can help you connect with authentic feelings by opening the channels of love and issuing an invitation to the person to look at you differently through the lens of love.
There are few things you'll need to cast this spell.
- Photo of the person you love
- Photo of yourself
- Votive candle (color of your choosing) and candle holder
- 8" of ribbon the same color as candle
- 4 drops of African Violet (flower essence)
- 2 drops of Columbine (flower essence)
- 2 drops of Daffodil (flower essence)
- 1/8 cup of Olive oil
- 1 tsp of Fennel seeds (dried and crushed)
- Mortar and pestle
- Fireproof bowl
- Piece of paper (same color as candle and ribbon)
- Rose incense stick and incense holder
- White ink pen or pencil
- Envelope large enough to accommodate photos (red, white, green or pink)
- Plastic gloves
- Cotton swab (optional)
- Matches or lighter
You'll want to perform your spell on a Friday. The lunar time should fall within the three days after a new moon or the night of a full moon, whichever first falls on a Friday.
1. Grind Fennel Seeds
The fennel seeds will shake the person you love awake so they can notice you. Place the dried seeds in the mortar and grind into a powder with the pestle. Set aside to use later in your spell.
2. Dressing the Candle
Mix the olive oil with two drops each of dandelion and daffodil flower essence.
- Dandelion flower essence will carry your words to the one you love.
- Daffodil flower essence is used as a gift of love to Anael, the Prince of Archangels who reigns over the Friday angels. Friday is also the day assigned to Venus, the goddess of love.
You can apply the oil to the candle using your hands, wearing a pair of gloves or a cotton swab. Cover the candle with the oil and place in the holder.
3. Cast Your Spell
The flower essence of African violets will open and enhance the channels of love between you and the object of your desire. Before you start, place two drops on the inside of both your wrists and rub lightly into your skin.
- Light the incense and set in the holder, placing it close to the candle.
- Close your eyes and envision the one you love smiling at you. As you light the candle, say the person's name out loud followed by, "Hear me. See me." Repeat your full name.
4. Write Your Message
On the paper you selected, using the white pen or pencil, write: "Open your heart and see me."
- Sign your full name after the message.
- Turn the paper over and write the full name of the one you love.
- Use a tsp of the powdered fennel and place it in the center of the paper message side up.
- Gather the corners of the paper and twist together to contain the fennel powder.
5. Photo of Your Beloved
Take the photo of the one you love and turn it face down. Place two drops of columbine flower essence on the back. This flower sends your message to the object of your desire, similar to sending a text message.
6. Burn Your Message
Hold the paper pouch over the flame to catch fire and place in the bowl to burn freely. Hold the photo of your love so the smoke from the burning paper covers it and say:
Hear my voice and see me in front of you,
Feel the love I have for you,
Consider me as someone you can love,
Recognize me and that I am yours,
See me and hear me with an open heart filled with love.
7. Tie Photos Together
On the back of your photo, write with the white pen or pencil the name of your love followed by "I'm yours." Place your photo so it is face to face to your love's photo. Tie the two photos together with the ribbon and slip into the envelope.
8. Seal With Wax
Using melted wax from the candle, drip a small amount over the envelope flap to seal it.
- Place the envelope in a secure place that only you know exists.
- Allow the candle to burn and place it and the ashes in a glass jar to bury.
If the universe agrees with your desire and your object of love agrees, you will have a fast response to your spell within a day or two.
Simple Love Spell Using a Picture and Candle
This love spell is very simple and doesn't require a lot of special herbs or flower essences to perform.
- Photo of the person desired
- 2 drops of rose essential oil
- 1/8 cup of olive oil
- 1 tsp of dried basil
- 1 Sandalwood incense stick and incense holder
- White piece of paper
- Red ink pen
- Fireproof bowl
- Plastic gloves
- Cotton swab
- Matches or lighter
Dressing the Candle
Wearing plastic gloves, mix the olive oil and rose essential oil. Coat the candle using the cotton swab and set candle in the holder.
Light the incense and place in holder.
Light the candle and repeat:
With the light of love, I connect with you.
- Write your desire on the paper using the red ink pen.
- Place the magic love herb, dried basil, in the center of the paper and create a pouch by gathering and twisting the ends together.
- Holding the photo of the one you love in your left hand and the pouch in your right, hold the paper over the flame. As soon as it catches fire, place in the bowl.
Position the photo over the smoke, careful not to let it catch on fire and repeat:
Let the burning embers of my love melt away all obstacles,
Receive my message of love and devotion.
Return my message of love with genuine affection and love.
I'm yours. Accept my love.
- Repeat the full name of the person you love.
- Allow the candle and incense to burn out. Take the candle remains and ash throw into the air over an open meadow, hill or mountain to set your love free, unbound and unbridled.
- If your love is destined, the person you love will respond within three days.
Unbound by Love Spells
Love spells can work when the person is open to a love relationship. Never use this type of magic to bend another person to your will. That kind of love has no meaning and will never be true.