There are many uses and meanings for 7 day candles depending on your intent. Be sure you're clear about your desires and the results you want before lighting one.
Understanding What 7 Day Candles Are
A 7 day candle is a tall unscented candle encased in a cylindrical glass container that is 2" to 2.2" in diameter and 8"H. Choose a single colored candle or a multi-colored one.
- Religious 7 day candles often feature saints and symbols on the glass.
- Candles can be used in prayer, meditation, rituals, spiritual work or casting spells.
- Like any other candle work, you can enhance it by using herbs, essential oils and crystals.
- Most people focus on one purpose at a time and light only one candle at a time.
Intent, Candle Color and Meanings
- Green: You can light this candle to draw money to you.
- Pink: You can burn this candle to attract romantic love or reinforce existing love.
- Red: Infuse a little passion into a specific area in your life.
- White: If you need protection, want to cleanse something in your life, or want positive energy while you pray, light this candle.
- Orange: You can imbue the ability to influence a specific area of your life with this color.
- Purple: This is a good color for meditating and seeking enlightenment.
- Blue: This color can bring peace and calm to specific areas or situations in your life.
- Yellow: Light this candle to aid in studies, a search for wisdom or to find answers to problems.
- Gold: This color is the color of the precious metal and is used for money, financial success, and good fortune.
How to Use Multi-Colored 7 Day Candles
Multi-colored candles have 7 layers of different colors. The colors typically follow the general candle color meanings. The 7 layers can be used in various ways that include:
- 7 Desires: You can layer your desires in one candle. Focus on one per a day. Try to match your desire to the candle color meaning.
- 7 Prayers: This candle can assist you in focusing on seven different prayers.
- 7 Chakras: Working with the seven main chakras, you can meditate on each chakra center that coordinates with the candle color to open blocked chakras.
Other Multi-Colored Candles
Not all multi-colored candles have seven colors. Some may have only two, such as a money candle with a gold and a green layer. Each color represents the color of money.
Free Will Always Rules
It's always important to remember that you have free will and this can be exerted over a candle color meaning. For example, if you're drawn to the color blue for your desire to earn more money, then go with your instinct. Just be aware that blue symbolizes water among other things. By using this color, it could result that the money you seek is somehow associated with water.
Length of Burn Time
The length of burn time for your candle is entirely up to you. Some people leave the candle burning until it runs out of wax or self-extinguishes. When you feel your intent is completed, it's time to extinguish the candle. Many spells require you to leave the candle burning for the full 7 days, although this can be hazardous.
Don't Leave a Candle Unattended
You never want to risk setting your home on fire by leaving a burning candle unattended. It's best to extinguish your candle whenever you aren't home. When you return home, you can relight the candle and pick up where you left off.
Interpreting Burn Time Problems
There can be issues with candle burn times, such as early self-extinguishing, cracked jar, and fast, slow or normal burn times. All of these burn issues have significant meanings that can explain how your intent or spell was released and received. Always allow a candle wax to cool before placing in a trash bin and wrap broken glass in newspaper or cardboard to avoid being cut.
- Self-extinguish: This means your intent or spell wasn't well-formed and/or negative energy interfered. You should either bury the candle or remove it from your home and premises.
- Cracked jar: This is a sign that negative energy overpowered your intent or spell. It's best to bury the candle to trap and neutralize the negative energy.
- Fast burning: This means your intent or spell was well formed and well received. Your results will arrive sooner than a slower burning candle.
- Slow burning: This means your intent or spell is well formed and is being sent out slowly and steadily. You can expect your results to return to you the same way.
- Normal burning: If your candle burns normally and self-extinguishes at the 7 day mark, your intent or spell was flawless. You can expect your results to arrive easily.
7 Day Candle Technique
There are numerous ways you can approach using a 7 day candle. One way is through visualization.
Visualizing Your Intent
This method isn't a spell, but one of intent. You need to visualize what you want before lighting the candle. Are you going after a promotion? Perhaps you want to change jobs. Do you need to undertake special training, so you can qualify for a different career?
- Once your goal is defined and clarified in your visualization, repeat the entire visualization complete with actions, conversations, colors, time of day and every minute detail you can add.
- Continue to play this scenario over in your mind until you feel this pathway is established in your mind. Then it's time to light the appropriate candle.
- Choose the color that best represents your visualization.
- Focusing on the burning candle, replay the scenario of your visualization until you feel it has been set.
- Extinguish the flame and set the candle aside for three days before using for a different desire.
Personalize Candle Burning
There are many uses and meanings for 7 day candles that make this a valuable tool in achieving desires and goals. Personalize a ritual, spell or meditation by infusing your energy of intent with the burning candle.