Decorate your fireplace with a beautiful candelabra that fits inside it. A candelabra is a nice alternative to using actual logs in a fireplace when you want the glow of fire but not the ash or smell from burning wood. Pick out a candelabra that fits the style of your home.
Decorative Fireplace Candelabras
Candelabras meant to be displayed in your fireplace come in just as many designs and styles as any other candle holder. Look for one that fits into your home's aesthetics to create a seamless look in your room. Don't forget to match the candle color to your room's color scheme.
Be prepared to spend a little more money on a candelabra for your fireplace than you would for a traditional mantel candle holder or tabletop candelabra. They are usually larger in size, hold multiple candles, and have a heavy-duty design.
A basic design is sure to match any decorating scheme. To add a little flair, use shaped candles, ones with holiday designs, or those with other decorative elements.
- Pyramid Fireplace Candelabra: This basic design utilizes 10 taper candles, rather than typical pillar or tea light ones.
- Pewter Fireplace Candelabra: Pewter is a good alternative to black or wrought iron candelabra designs. It holds nine pillar candles.
- Cobalt Votive Fireplace Candelabra: The votive holders in this candelabra add a lovely blue hue to your fireplace.
- Eight Candle Black Scroll Fireplace Candelabra: A scroll design can add interest in a room with simple decorations.
- Wrought Iron Fireplace Candelabra: No decorator can go wrong using a basic black candelabra.
When your home has a particular interior design style, you will want to match the candelabra's look to your room.
- Wrought Iron Fireplace Victorian Pillar Candle Holder: This candle holder features a lovely leaf motif.
- Star Candelabra: This simple black candelabra is made from black-painted metal and holds five tapers.
- Spandrels Fireplace Candelabra: Add charm and elegance to your home with this scrolled candelabra.
- Ambella Fireplace Candelabra: This large, elaborate candelabra is one that is sure to attract attention in your fireplace.
Make your fireplace look realistic by using a candelabra that looks like glowing logs, such as the Tealight Log Fireplace Candelabra from Southern Enterprise. Also from Southern Enterprise is the Burning Log Candelabra. It features three tiers of logs with tea lights meant to look like wood is stacked and burning in the fireplace.
Candelabra Care and Usage Tips
Follow these tips to keep your candelabra looking its best:
- Make sure you have your chimney cleaned properly before using it.
- Sweep out all ash and dirt before placing the candelabra in the fireplace.
- Use a candle extinguisher instead of blowing out candles to keep ash and wax from blowing into the fireplace.
- Regularly dust and wipe down candelabras.
Enhance Your Fireplace
Candelabras are a lovely way to enhance your home's fireplace. Their ornamental designs allow you to dress up a room and utilize a fireplace you may not otherwise wish to burn wood inside.